Date & TimeApril 15, 2020 9:00am - 11:30am
WhereHR Works Training Facility - 200 WillowBrook Office Park, Suite 246, Fairport, NY
HR Professionals are often tasked with the responsibility of staying abreast of the ever changing federal and state employment law landscape while dealing with the complex employee issues they face in day-to-day operations. While it is nearly impossible to address them all, this session will provide business owners and HR professionals with information regarding some of the top HR issues employers will face in 2020, equipping you to proactively manage your workplace. During this session, we will identify the HR issue, discuss its importance, review strategies to address and highlight what is on the horizon.
- Gain an understanding of employer responsibilities regarding harassment prevention in the workplace.
- Identify changes to addressing drug testing and handling substance abuse in the workplace as a result of legislation recognizing medical marijuana use and legalization of recreational marijuana in some areas.
- Understand the new FLSA overtime regulations along with the exemptions from overtime under the FLSA and NY wage and hour laws and the impact on your workforce.
- Understand the changing dynamics of workplace discrimination as additional protections are extended to employees and litigation is on the rise.
- Identify the various laws that impact leaves of absence, including the increasing rules relating to paid sick and family leave.
Target Audience: HR Professionals, Business Owners, Executives