Date & TimeAugust 22, 2017 8:30am - 11:30am
WhereHilton Garden Inn, 800 Pittsford Victor Rd, Pittsford, NY 14534
Price$75/person (Clients); $95/person (Non-Clients)
Seminar also available in E. Syracuse, NY.
The New York Paid Family Leave (NYPFL) Benefit Law was finalized in 2017 and is set to be phased in, over four years, beginning on January 1, 2018. Join HR Works for a 3-hour comprehensive presentation aimed at examining New York’s Paid Family Leave benefits as well as popular wage and hour compliance challenges impacting employers.
The “NYS Paid Family Leave” segment will help attendees understand:
- Basics of the NYPFL law,
- Benefit timeline phases from 2018-2021,
- Employer and employee eligibility rules and responsibilities,
- Interaction and/or comparison with other leave laws, and
- What companies should consider doing now to prepare for January 1, 2018.
The “Wage and Hour Plus” segment will help attendees understand:
- Which states and local governments currently mandate paid sick leave and what that may mean for New York,
- Changes to the recently revised I-9 form,
- The FLSA 2016 Final Rules and the possibility that the injunction may be lifted,
- Who is covered under the Fair Labor Standards Act,
- How to avoid some of the most common wage and hour mistakes, and
- The difference between exempt and non-exempt employees.