Date & TimeApril 27, 2017 3:00pm - 4:00pm
The majority of employers are not completing the I-9 form correctly. Since the new administration is focused on immigration reform, it is imperative that employers are completing the I-9 correctly and retaining the form for the required length of time.
This course will:
- provide background information on the I-9,
- review recent changes to the I-9, which employers were required to begin using by January 22, 2017,
- examine all three sections of the form,
- review the appropriate method to make corrections to the form if necessary, and
- discuss the required retention period.
The session will also review the penalties associated with completing the I-9 incorrectly and helpful hints employers should remember. By the end of this session, participants will feel confident that they have complied with the I-9 requirements.