Date & TimeApril 24, 2018 10:00am - 11:30am
This Management Academy session examines the components of a respectful workplace and explores dynamics of the current business climate that make respect both challenging and essential. The webinar is intended for supervisors and managers, and will cover a company’s responsibility to maintain a harassment and discrimination-free environment, and the role of the manager in fostering this climate. Preventing, recognizing and reporting all forms of harassment and discrimination will be reviewed, including sexual harassment.
- Explain the benefit of a respectful workplace
- Review guidelines for determining respectful, professional behavior
- Define harassment, discrimination and related terms
- Describe how to prevent harassment and discrimination in the workplace
- Distinguish between harassment and discrimination, and poor workplace conduct
- Describe the impact of social media in addressing issues related to harassment and discrimination
- Explain specific supervisor and manager responsibilities regarding harassment and discrimination in the workplace
Additional topics include preventing retaliation, minimizing liability and supporting workplace investigations when complaints of harassment or discrimination arise.