Date & TimeApril 30, 2019 1:00pm - 4:30pm
WhereHR Works Training Facility - 200 WillowBrook Office Park, Suite 246, Fairport, NY
This course will provide participants the opportunity to explore the changes that take place when an individual makes the transition from individual contributor to supervisor, as well as the changes in approach to supervision that have occurred to respond to the current business climate. The session will emphasize the importance of building appropriate professional relationships with employees, as well as setting boundaries. Participants will also learn skills to establish a climate of open communication, skills to set clear expectations, delegate tasks and give constructive feedback.
- Describe the change in professional relationships that occurs when transitioning from individual contributor to supervisor
- Explain methods for ensuring open communication with your team
- Develop skills to delegate work to employees effectively
- Develop skills to coach and give feedback to direct reports
- Foster accountable behavior among team members